Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt

Discrimination is treating a person unfairly because of who they are or because they possess certain characteristics. If you feel you have suffered discrimination  because of your age, gender, sexuality, race, religion, disability, marital status, gender reassignment or pregnancy – you need to know what to do next.

Our team can help you to understand your rights under the 2010 Equality Act. We cannot give you legal advice, however we will direct you to the correct services. If you are comfortable with using the internet, you may find the information and advice you need in our self help links below.

A hate incident is any incident which the victim, or anyone else, thinks is based on someone’s prejudice towards them because of their race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or because they are transgender. Not all hate incidents will amount to criminal offences, but it is equally important that these are reported.

What our clients say:

‘‘Very empathic, patient
and knowledgeable,
with everything
clearly explained.’’

Report a Hate Crime

We are a third party reporting centre for issues regarding a hate incident or hate crime

If you’ve experienced, or know someone who has experienced, a hate incident or hate crime you can report it to us. We’ll go through the details with you and submit a report to the police on your behalf.

It’s important to give us as many details as possible, as this helps the police deal with your case more effectively. When describing the offender it’s useful to give general information such as age, height, build, gender, ethnicity and clothing. Also try to remember any particular features such as:

  • hair colour
  • glasses
  • jewellery or piercing
  • tattoos
  • facial hair
  • a particular accent
  • teeth
  • scars
  • birth marks

If you want the police to investigate the incident, you need to provide your contact details and the best time to contact you.

You may be worried about the police contacting you at home. If this is the case, you can ask the police to contact you through someone you trust and who has agreed to provide their details. You still need to provide your contact details as well.

If you would prefer to make the report yourself, click here for details of the ways you can do this.