Volunteer – Fundraising Assistant
Location: Bishop’s Stortford or Hertford but very flexible (note currently working from home)
Report to: Head of Fundraising, Communications & Research
Context of role
As an independent charity we need to fundraise to cover our costs. Our fundraising strategy sets our direction for diversifying our funding including donations, trust funds, corporate support and local grants. Funding bids range in size – from small local community initiatives to larger national applications.
Ideally the Fundraising Assistant will volunteer in one of our offices for 6 hours per week but this can be very flexible. If you are at all interested just get in touch for a chat.
This role will support the Head of Fundraising and the Chief Executive in fundraising and diversifying income.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Look for suitable local community and national funding opportunities.
- Carry out any necessary research required for a funding bid and work with the Head of Fundraising and Chief Executive in writing funding applications.
- Publicise and promote the work of Citizens Advice East Herts externally to partners, funders, supporters and local residents using our website, social media and by attending local events.
Personal skills and Qualities
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and principles of Citizens Advice and its equality and diversity policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of previous fundraising work desirable but not essential.
- Good IT skills, with experience of using social media desirable.
- Ability to be self-motivated but also to work as part of a team.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Able to communicate with people at a