Volunteer – Research and Campaigns Assistant
Location: : Bishop’s Stortford or Hertford but very flexible (Note currently working from home)
Report to: Head of Research, Communications & Fundraising
Context of role
In addition to providing advice to individuals we also campaign locally and nationally for improvements to the services and laws that affect our clients. We call this Research and Campaigns (R&C). We use evidence from clients to justify calls for improvements to the processes that affect both our clients and those who may never contact Citizens Advice. We wish to strengthen our research and campaigning work by recruiting more people to our team.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Keep up to date with existing and potential issues by monitoring trends in client enquiries and networking with others involved in R&C work.
- Collect and analyse evidence from a range of sources and produce reports, briefings etc, taking the lead on certain projects.
- Draft press releases and support preparation of MP briefings and annual report.
- Understanding of and an interest in key current social policy issues, and their potential impact on clients.
- Understanding of the importance of R&C work and a commitment to using R&C action to tackle problems at source.
- Ability to use IT systems and packages and to research, analyse and interpret complex information
- Good communication and presentation skills, with the ability to produce and present complex information verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be self-motivated but also to work as part of a team, managing time effectively.
- A commitment to continuous professional development and to work within the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service.